Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Things... Cause I like procrastinating

One of my friends on Facebook tagged me to do this... and well, I needed an excuse to do nothing... so now you get to see the fruits of my nothingness. :-)

1. I am very tall, generally one of the tallest in any given room.

2. That said, I am terrified of being the shortest in my family. Thanks to my mom, I won’t be the absolute shortest, but I have a sneaking suspicion I may sit at the bottom end of the family when we do height photos in future.

3. I limped my way through two half marathons this summer, killed my desire to run, and vowed only to run 10K’s in future… all in two weeks.

4. I love to swing dance!

5. I made my little brother take a swing dance class with me my senior year of high school, and even though I think he may have alternately hated it (or me) at times… I am convinced that someday he will thank me.

6. My family lives on the other side of the world. I spent my Christmas in China, which was AMAZING!!!

7. My mom is my favorite person ever. The best thing about them moving to China is that our schedules line up better so we can talk more.

8. I think my siblings are all pretty cool… Trent is one of my best friends (I am so excited for him to be here next year!), Todd is always fun to be around, Tanner always has cool thing to tell me (thus making me feel cool), and Morgan is the best little sister ever.

9. Both of my parents are Math/ Science people. How they ever sprouted an artsy musician is beyond me. (Although their love for math has finally manifested itself in my love for Music Theory).

10. My cousin Dalan named my flute last September… and it stuck. My flute’s name is Jonathan.

11. I love to cook, particularly Indian food or anything spicy. When I have spare money I make really really really good meals, eat them for a whole week, and then determine I don’t want to touch that recipe for another six months.

12. When I don’t have spare money I still eat the same meal for a week (although often of lesser quality). I dream of the day when I will no longer eat the same meal for seven days in a row.

13. I feel incredibly blessed on regular occasion.

14. I’m getting ready for an audition CD to go to Paris for a month this summer and study music. I’m nervous but I really really really want to get in.

15. I love reading. When I was little and got in trouble my parents wouldn’t let me read. Now college doesn’t let me read.16. Generally I only read historical fiction and non fiction. I love English history, particularly from about 1350-1603.

17. Elizabeth I of England is my all time favorite historical figure… I own far too many books about her, and have read even more. When I’m not reading about Elizabeth, I read about the War of the Roses, which I find FACINATING!

18. I want to travel and see the world, particularly Eastern Europe, and more of China. I also want to see India.

19. I am terrified of snakes. Over Christmas we went to a show in a restaurant in Beijing and part way through the show one of the actresses brought out a six foot long monster snake and paraded it around the room. As she came by our table I miraculously moved from my seat, across the table and onto my dad’s lap. I have no recollection of how I got there… all I remember is seeing the snake, and then the next thing I knew I was five chairs over.20. I love water parks, particularly the really big slides.

21. I pass out extremely easily. You name the place; I’ve passed out there (including early morning seminary). It’s a family thing. We’re all wimps. If you are ever bleeding, don’t show me. I can and will pass out.

22. I am convinced that my Dictation class this semester will give me an ulcer.

23. I wrote a piece entitled Bird Call yesterday. It’s all based on combinations of a 0146 chord, and I’m pretty excited about it.

24. I’m quiet when you first meet me… but those who know me well know that I’m rather obnoxious.

25. Denise & I used to dress up weird and go hit on boys at the Creamery on Ninth… she’s married now so we can’t really do that any more, but I miss it like crazy.

1 comment:

  1. A very interesting list of things. I still am holding out that I will NOT be the shortest in the family. :) Love you silly girl.

    ReplyDelete