Yes, I know, it's not even Friday yet, but this week has been pretty good.
1. No all-nighters, as opposed to last week where I pulled two and wanted to die.
2. I'm running regularly now since the weather has decided to play nice. I feel sooooo much better when I run, but I'm too much of a baby to run in the cold. So if it is cold you can count me out.
3. The favorite little brother opened his mission call. The lucky stinker is going to Manchester England... speaking Mandarin?! I'm really, really, really jealous of the location, the language not so much. It was a little weird to watch him open his call, because I realized that I will be the one opening a mission call in just a few short months. Wow.
4. I went to Evening of Concertos with Tia thanks to getting two free tickets from Danielle. The concertos were awesome, and I loved listening to all of them, however my favorite by far was the Barber Piano Concerto. Love, love, love, love, love. And Jackie never disappoints, she's a fantastic performer.
5. We had scale day in masterclass. The completion of scale day would make any flute major happy. Ode to Taffanel Gaubert #4, how do I love thee...
6. I finally figured out my summer. I received an ORCA grant from BYU this year to go study Chinese flutes up at the Tianjin Conservatory (semi near Beijing). I'd been struggling with when to go, but after talking to my faculty mentor I decided to go at the same time that he does. So I'll be spending two and a half weeks in May running around Tianjin and playing bamboo flutes. If you weren't jealous before, feel free to be jealous now. I am so incredibly excited. Aaaand as the double dose of icing on the cake, I got to drop my spring term classes (excited, moi?) and I'll get to spend some time with my family and my brother before he goes into the MTC. Yep, I'm excited. Can we just fast forward to May now? Pretty please?
I'm gonna get to play flutes like this!!! *cue manic grinning*