Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gluttony Confession

Tia made the most beautiful chocolate cake I've ever seen. She left it sitting in our fridge looking beautiful. It was this rich velvety chocolate that melted in your mouth, and it was laced with caramel and had a thick chocolate butter-cream frosting on top. It was beautiful. And I ate it. All of it. With my hands. It was that good. I licked every morsel from the pan it was in.

And then I woke up. I woke up feeling really, really guilty. I didn't even ask to eat the cake, I just ate it because it called to me and I had to. Sorry, Tia. In my dream I didn't even save you a piece.

Residual guilt notwithstanding, I realized that dream chocolate cake gluttony is really the best way to go. I woke up not feeling gross like I would have if I'd really eaten that much chocolate cake laced with caramel with a thick chocolate butter-cream frosting. I woke up feeling great. And there was no post chocolate migraine.

So tonight, Tia, I'd like another one, only this time I want chocolate coated strawberries all over the top and a massive carton of triple dark chocolate ice cream.


I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment