Tuesday, September 6, 2011

6 More Weeks

Hi All!
As you may have guessed from the subject line, I'm staying here in Agua Fria for another transfer. I'm not particularly surprised. I didn't think I was leaving. I'm both happy and sad. I've really gotten attached to the people here in Agua Fria and I'm enjoying working with them, but I was partially looking forward to maybe having the chance to go start somewhere new. I guess it'll happen some other transfer. It'll be good to see some of the follow up on the work here in this area. I've got pretty high hopes for this next transfer, but we're going to need some miracles. This transfer has been a pretty rough run for the work. I've never seen quite so much turn over as I have this past six weeks. It's both good and bad. I enjoy finding and teaching new people, but it's hard when nothing seems to stick. We'll see where things go over the next transfer.

I thought I would share a funny story from the week. I've had some trouble for a little while with one of my toes... it's gross so don't worry about the details. But, I got permission to go in and see a podiatrist to get it looked at. As he was looking at my toe I started to feel a little warm and light headed, but I thought I would be okay... My next memory is as I'm lying down with my feet over my head and my companion telling me to breathe. I guess I was a little more light headed than I thought. I was out. And then I felt pretty sick for the rest of the day. Whoops. I've decided my toe doesn't hurt anymore. :)

Now for some exciting news. We found out a few weeks ago that Phoenix has been chosen as one of 9 cities across the US where the church will be doing a large media campaign. The whole campaign is focused towards the newly redesigned Mormon.org website. There will be TV adds, billboards, and all sorts of other adds all over the mission. All of this starts in October, and in two weeks as a mission we are going to be getting trained on exactly how everything will work. We're pretty excited. Now, I have an invitation for anyone who is interested. Go check out Mormon.org! I love using the new website, and for those of you who are LDS make a profile on there. I would love to be able to tell people to go look up people I know and read their thoughts. So, go check it out, and then if you can and would like to, make a profile! (I'm working on getting one together... as missionaries we've been asked to make one. Mine's not up yet.)

Okay, I think that's pretty much it for right now. Things are moving along slowly but surely. It's starting to get really nice here in Arizona and once again we are starting to see people out and about on the streets. All summer long the only people outside were the crazies and the missionaries... now there's some not so crazies out too. With the cooler weather Hna Alvarez and I have been on bikes a lot more, which has been really nice. I enjoy being out and meeting so many people.

Okay, I think that's about it for this week. Have a great week!
Love you all!
Hermana Okeson

PS. Nicole has a new mailing address. Let me know if you need the address. :) Effie

No comments:

Post a Comment