Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Things in life that make Nicole cry:

~beautifully written symphonies.*
~stubbing my toe for the bajillionth time.
~too many hours in the practice rooms.
~too few hours in the practice rooms.
~packing away all of my beautiful books for the next 2 years.

Seriously. I felt like I was packing away my best friends and they sat there looking all lonely and sad in that box. I'm not scared of many things for a mission, but saying goodbye to my family, my flute, and my books is really gonna be tough. I always knew I had a bit of an attachment to my books, but tonight I realized perhaps someday I ought to get it looked into... lol. I think when I get home from my mission I'm going to unpack those books, go become a hermit for a week and give each one of them the TLC they will be in desperate need of after 2 years.

Saying goodbye to Johnathan is really gonna be a party.





*Currently Mendelssohn and Sibelius are the winners, but just about any classical music leaves me in a puddle of melancholy right now since I'm heading into 18 months of hymns and EFY music... EFY, really? I firmly believe EFY is a good thing, but it has a place, and that place is with pubescent teens looking to fall madly in love during a summer camp and not with stressed missionaries. So, I'm listening to all the classical music I can. Last night I was in Wagner-land, and it was marvelous, mostly because it is my belief the Wagner is someone you appreciate when you know you will only get so much of him then you will have time to purge... because lets face it, Wagner is like a rip-tide, one toe in and next thing you know you're sucked in and no one will ever see you again...

Ps. I have 42 days left until I go into the MTC... Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. You should take some classical music with you. Some mission presidents will let you listen to it, and it will kill you to not have it if you're allowed to have it anyway. Take a variety of MoTab. Although EFY might actually be better because whatever music you listen to on the mission will be music you will forever hate afterwards. Best start out with something you're not too attached to!

    ReplyDelete