Monday, August 9, 2010

So Long, Farewell

I have 3 days left in Provo. Officially that is. I'll be back for a few days next week, but really after Thursday evening I'm officially homeless. Bizarre. I've been surprised with how much I feel like I am leaving a home. It's only in the last week or so that I've really realized that I've lived here in Provo for 3 years. I'm not sure how that happened.

So what is going to happen over the next 37 days? Well, I'd hate to spoil any surprises or the anticipation you all feel about reading my blog, so we'll just say that in 37 days I will divide my life between 4 states and 2 countries. Pretty impressive. This should be awesome. Nothing like being a traveling fiend before going on a mission and being stuck in a teensy geographic area for 18 months.

Other points of excitement. Currently in my mostly packed apartment the kitchen is in Tia's room and the living room is in the kitchen. In all sorts of brilliance that I am mostly not bitter about my apartment complex decided that kicking us out absurdly early wasn't enough, they were going to clean the carpets before we leave. Ridiculous. Isn't carpet cleaning why complexes feel justified making poor college students homeless for a whole entire week?! Yeesh.

Finally, exciting news, but not my own. The favorite missionary brother leaves for Manchester on Monday. I don't think that kid could get any more excited. Oh, and he informed us the other week that in Mandarin Elder translates back as one other thing. Jedi. Freaking awesome. My little brother gets to be Jedi Okeson. It's settled, he has the most awesome mission language any boy could get sent to. What 19 year old boy doesn't want to be called Jedi for 2 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment