Monday, August 16, 2010

TEXAS

My first pre-mission, post-school trip was going down to Texas to surprise Amber for her wedding. She had asked me way back when she got engaged to come to her wedding and be a bridesmaid but it was too expensive and I'd already spent my airline miles on multiple other trips, namely going back home to Michigan and going to visit my Grandma Judy in Arizona. So, I told Amber it just wasn't going to happen. However, about three weeks before the wedding I heard back from Trent that since he can't use his miles for the next two years, I could put them to good use.

I decided after buying the ticket that it would be way more fun to not tell Amber that I was coming and just show up. Her family was absolutely awesome in helping me pull it all off. When I got to Texas her aunt picked me up and took me back to her house where Amber was waiting for Matt to come get her to run some more pre-wedding errands. When I walked in she got the world's most confused look on her face, and finally after a moment launched herself out of her chair at me. Totally worth it to come.

It was a absolutely beautiful wedding, and in typical fashion I made a point of bringing my camera and didn't take a single picture. Whoops. But here's one from her open house in Provo. Aren't we precious?



Lastly the reception was way fun, and our friend Lee, from last summer in Paris, came for the wedding with me. Although, since we both are probably the two best looking tall people around, naturally everyone thought we were married. *chortle*

Oh, and Houston made me incredibly grateful that Arizona has dry heat. Saturday was one of the hottest days of the year, and I thought I was going to die. It was so muggy and miserable. I've decided that when I get married I'm getting married in the dead of winter and Amber's gonna be a bridesmaid and she can wear a summer dress. Because being in an all black bridesmaid dress in tons of heat and humidity was pretty painful.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand last but not least. I'M LEAVING FOR IDAHO TOMORROW MORNING!!! Next time I'm back in Utah I'll be Hermana Okeson!!! 30 days left!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! What a fun surprise for her! You are a sweet friend to do that. Good luck with the last minute mission preparations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 days until I volunteer at the MTC spanish-speaking like a mad woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just barely saw this and you're gone. :'( I appreciate the shoutout. You really are so amazing Nicole and I will miss you.

    ReplyDelete