Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Clearly I'm Missing Out

True story, this really happened:

Setting: After masterclass, seated at a table in the library working on a paper for Pedagogy.

Random Kid: Hey, I'm taking a survery, it'll only take two minutes, do you mind?
Me: No, go for it.
RK:This is a survey about dating and the library. First, are you in a relationship or single?
Me: Single *dating, the library... right... That's my first choice for a hott date*
RK: Where in the library would you go to meet guys?
Me: Ummm, the third floor? I usually just come here to study. *there are really people who come here to pick up dates? Who does that?! Last time I brought a boy here is was to make sure he kept his hands to himself...*
RK: How would you show a guy you wanted him to ask you out if you were at the library?
Me: Ummm... I don't know, make eye contact? *Honestly, the library is for studying, that's why I come here, is that really such a novel concept?*
RK: Thanks for your time!

Needless to say I've been left with a lot to ponder. Clearly I'm not getting everything I should out of my BYU Library experience.



"What can I do, my dear, to catch your ear
I love you madly, madly Madam Librarian...Marian"

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I did know people went to the library looking for dates... I thought it was for studying, too.

    PS. That's like the best part of the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Nicole, so here is my confession. I had heard that the library was a good place to study but had not used it for that purpose until after finding out one tall, handsome young man used it for that purpose. So yes, I did go there to pick up on a guy. This is a very slow process as you know! It took almost 4 years to capture him! But in the process I learned to study in the library. True story, the end!

    ReplyDelete