Friday, April 24, 2009

New Respect

This week I am a maid/nanny/general-entertainment-center.  My aunt called to talk me into doing her spring cleaning and keeping her little girls entertained.  I figured it couldn't be that bad (and honestly it hasn't).  I'd clean some and play barbies.  What I forget is that I'm not the spring chicken I used to be.  Those girls have more energy than I could ever hope to have, even if I conked out for a day and then tried to keep up with them.  I'M EXHAUSTED.  

So, I've realized I have new respect for mommies.  I can't imagine doing this every day.  I think I'll have to go visit a exotic foreign country and run around for about a week to recover.  That ought to do the trick.  Maybe I'll up and leave right after finishing here, sounds nice... eh?

Seriously though, I am amazed.  Those girls have so much energy, and it never stops.  Where does this all come from?  Some mad scientist should learn how to bottle that stuff and sell it.  They'd beat out Red Bull any day.  They could call it, "Wired Kid."  And I know two perfect test subjects to compare with... they're hanging off of me at this very moment.

1 comment:

  1. Gahahaha I totally understand how you feel. I hope you are doing well...I miss you already!

    ReplyDelete